SMI Companies can handle all of your hazardous material transportation needs.
We offer a wide variety of UN Portable Tank and CSC Certified ISO Tank Container designs to meet your bulk hazardous material transportation requirements.
We can also custom design and build to meet your needs.
Our hazardous material transportation tanks and tank containers have been manufactured for a diverse field of chemical, petrochemical and energy customers of the years. They have logged millions of safe miles around the globe, by road, rail and sea.
We offer a wide variety of internal linings including Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP), Teflon ® (PTFE and PFA), Halar ® (ECTFE), lead, epoxy and phenolic linings. SMI also offers a full range of industrial coatings with our on-site blasting and painting facilities.
UN PORTABLE TANKS
Carbon steel, stainless steel, internally lined, our standard designs or customer specific, we offer a wide variety of design types and capacities. From 150 liter Special Permit tanks to 10,000 gallon horizontal UN Portable tanks, or anything in between, we can provide UN Portable tanks to fit all of your hazardous material transportation needs.
ISO TANK CONTAINERS
Our ISO Tank Container frames are designed and certified to the Convention for Safe Containers (CSC) including the 4G impact test requirements. They are rated for the maximum allowable gross weight allowed by container type. Our ISO Tank Containers can be provided with DNV 2.7-1 certification for offshore use as well.
We offer a variety of lined and un-lined carbon steel and stainless steel IBC tank designs with capacities up to 793 gallons.
- ASME Section VIII, Division I Pressure Vessels
- US DOT and IMDG UN Portable Tanks
- CSC – Convention for Safe Containers
- ADR – Agreement on Dangerous Good by Road
- RID – Regulations concerning the International Transport of Dangerous Goods by Rail
- IMDG – International Maritime Dangerous Goods
- TIR – Customs International Road Transport
- DNV 2.7-1 Offshore Containers
- BS EN 12079 Offshore Containers
THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATIONS:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Det Norske Veritas Germanischer Lloyd (DNV GL)
- Bureau Veritas (BV)
- Lloyd’s Register